Saturday, January 27, 2007

saturday night dinner
















Over the last few months we( my roomies and couple of friends) have had a number of dinners at our place where we have tried out cooking a lot of new indian dishes. Thanks to such dinners my culinary skills have improved a lot. Today's attempt was really really good. We had Rice,North Indian Kidney beans curry( 2 pic top right corner), Pineapple rasam(a soup like speciality of Madras, 2 pic bottom right hand corner), ground turkey fried with indian spices( the third iterm in the second pic), kerala shrimp fry(first pic bottom left corner) and for desert we had samiya payasam(speciality of Kerala, top corner in the first pic). It was very good array of dishes as the tastes varied from moderately spicy ( Kidney beans curry,turkey fry), sweet and spicy( pineapple rasam), extremely spicy(shrimp fry) and extremely sweet( samiya payasam).

I am very happy at how my rasam cooking skills are progressing. I have now become confident of cooking pineapple rasam,lemon rasam and normal rasam. Hopefully by the end of the sem I will have more rasam types in my resume.My next rasam target is to master the garlic/pepper rasam which is my dad's speciality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home